Sunday, September 23, 2007

We Do A Lot In One Day

We've been accused before of trying to do too much in one day. Whether it be home improvements or family activities, we like to squeeze it all in and get it done. Saturday was no exception.
We left the house by 8:00 to go to Sesame Place for the last time. I pride myself on getting the most out of our season passes - so we needed to go one more time. The local weather forecasters said it was supposed to be hot - high 80's - and sunny all day. (Darn you, Bill Henley, it drizzled and rained and was 69 degrees, until about 2:00!) The weather didn't stop our family from going on all of the water rides! Since we were the only ones crazy enough to do this, there were no lines. The girls were thrilled to shiver up the steps to each water slide. Ryan and I weren't sure if our choice made us really good or really bad parents. We also got to see the group Hi-5 in concert. Are you jealous? The girls love that show, and I admit I was singing along a bit myself.


We left the park, had a nice lunch at Chili's to dry/warm up. We watched the sun come out while we sat inside the restaurant.
Then we headed to Emma's soccer game. She had to be at the field at 3:00, so we packed all of our soccer stuff with us for the day. Her team played really well and won 5 - 0. Go Warriors! The girls wore their jerseys to school again on Friday for team spirit and wore black face paint on their cheeks at the game to look fierce, and I guess it worked.
It was so hot by this time that we couldn't believe it was the same day we had shivered at Sesame Place. So, before we came home, we stopped at Grammy and Gappy's pool for a swim. Then we stayed for an impromptu dinner by the poolside.
We came home, changed our clothes and headed off to a neighborhood party. Lila fell asleep on my lap (can you blame her?!) and Emma was having so much fun with the gang, so we stayed and sipped coffee with our neighbors until 10:30.
I told Emma on the way home that I hoped she appreciated how much her family is willing to cram into one day. It makes me tired just remembering it now.
It all balances out. Today after church we all laid around and watched a kid's movie and then the Eagles game (still in progress). Now the rest is over. I have to go unpack all of the stuff from yesterday's activities!

No comments: