Monday, September 10, 2007

Soccer!

Emma had her first soccer game on Saturday. She's playing on the traveling team this year and it's much different. The kids actually seemed to know what they were doing - well, at least compared to last year. Emma played wing. She did great! They spread out where they were supposed to be. They knew what to do for throw ins, etc. Her team lost, but you could really see the girls getting the hang of it throughout the game, and I'm sure the next one will be better. Emma dressed her American Girl, Elizabeth for the soccer game too. She wanted her to sit on the sidelines with Grammy, Lila and I. Sometimes Emma seems so grown up, I love it when I see her act like my little girl still. Lila ate the entire contents of my purse, but was very well behaved during the game. That was good, since Ryan (who was running the sidelines with the flag), insisted that I videotape a little "in case she gets injured and can't play the rest of the season at all." Way to think positive, Ry!

No comments: