Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Baby Talk

Emma has always been quite a talker. Really, I feel like from at least 20 months on, she spoke in clear, grammatically correct sentences - with an amazing vocabulary to boot. I think that's why I'm truly enjoying Lila's adorable speech. She speaks very well and is very conversational also with a nice vocabulary. But she has a little lisp, which I find too cute (my friend/speech pathologist, Jul, says it will go away on its own). And, she's always saying hilarious and clever invented words (like "stunk"). Today, we were swimming with friends all day. At one point, I told her not to touch something. She, of course, touched it, and then had to sit on the "naughty step". When her time was up, I asked her what she had done. She told me, "Mommy say no touch - I dooed it." Yes, honey, you dooed it all right. You always do.

No comments: