Friday, July 27, 2007

Scared Silly

Emma got a package today from Gramma and Papa. It had air vents cut in it and was labeled with very specific opening instructions. "I've traveled a long way from Gramma and Papa's woods", etc. We got it opened enough to see some black fur and Emma FREAKED OUT. She was scared to death! She wanted so badly to see what was inside, but couldn't bring herself to look. She kept begging me to open it for her, but I, of course, refused. Then the tears began. We called Gramma. Even though both Gramma and I promised her that she didn't need to be scared and told her to trust us, she half laughed - half cried her way around and around the box. (I admit I gave it a little push now and then to really freak her out - what good mom wouldn't?!) Gramma and I continued to laugh at her so hard that we were crying too! She insisted that she wanted to wait for Daddy to get home. We even told her that it was a present for her and that she would love it - too scared still. Apparently she was sure it was a tarantula or something equally gross. Then she was afraid that it had been alive, but she'd now be opening a box with a dead animal. This nonsense had been going on for a good twenty minutes by now. While I was on the phone, she got herself armed with the fireplace gloves and I held the phone to her ear while my terrified and tearful daughter opened...............................
...........................................................her new bear webkinz!
She immediately said, "Thank you Gramma. I feel REALLY SILLY now." Get a grip, Emma. That's a story I don't want to forget!

1 comment:

kick43vt said...

I see that you don't update until you receive a favorable comment. Well this post is one of the funniest ever. How's that?