Sunday, August 12, 2007

Glamour Girl






We took Emma to get her ears pierced on Friday. When she was little, she used to nag me about getting it done all the time. When I finally gave my OK, a year or so ago, she was too scared. I admit this was partly my fault, I did tell her it would hurt (she's a bit dramatic, so I wanted to prepare her). A couple of weeks ago, her 5 year old friend, Maddy, got hers done. It's all we've heard about since then.
She wanted it done before school starts. And her reasoning was, if she got it done now, when we go to Disney in November, she can wear Mickey Mouse earrings - that's motivation enough for a 7 year old.
Emma wanted Aunt Becca (her beauty/fashion consultant) to come with us. So we went to the Moorestown Mall Pagoda. She was brave. She only almost backed out once when the girl in front of us got her cartilage pierced. She selected a lovely sparkly, irridescent ball and got them done - one at a time - which worked out fine. Afterwards, we celebrated with lunch at Friendly's. That was Lila's favorite part.
She wanted to surprise Ryan, who had already given his permission, but didn't know we were going that day. That lasted about 4 minutes before she asked for my cell phone, because she couldn't wait any longer to tell Daddy. And the endless chatter the rest of the day...? I had no idea so much conversation could center around ears, earrings, friends's earrings, ear piercing, earring storage, holiday earrings, etc. That girl can talk!

No comments: