Friday, August 17, 2007

Riversharks

Last night we went to a minor league baseball game with our minichurch. It was a beautiful night despite warnings of storms. This is the first game that Lila remembers going to, and she was quite interested. She insisted on taking her bat (the yellow whiffle ball variety), mitt (a hand me down from somewhere), and hat. Apparently this is what she knows about baseball. She cried when we made her leave her bat in the car, but the hat and glove came in. We were in the front row of our section and she had a super time leaning on the rail and waiting for the "guys to hit the ball". She and Andrew shared a seat, and Lila fed him her goldfish. Those two crack me up! The fact that we had what seemed like 42 kids with our group certainly helped with the entertainment also. Oh, and thanks to Miss Shelly for slipping Lila an occasional Mike and Ike - that really helped.
Emma also had fun. She claims that she did watch some of the game, but I suspect that it was only the "get the crowd to line dance" portions. She was surrounded by her best friends, and they had a blast stomping their feet to We Will Rock You. At one point Melynie and I commented that it looked like we were the chaperones on a day care trip to the ball park. Oh well, the pretzels were good and I smuggled in some salt water taffy that I was supposed to send to my brother-in-law (sorry Brian). There's something about the great American pastime that's just fun even if the Riversharks are really lousy!

2 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

HELLO...how did you do your photo spread? I don't know how to do that? I'm impressed, and jealous!

Mhr said...

cool ;)