Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Ocean State

We just got back from an impromptu whirlwind tour of Rhode Island. -Very exciting. Ryan found out late Friday afternoon that he needed to fill in for someone there at a Monday evening meeting and Tuesday morning presentation. Since he was driving, we three girls decided to tag along. The trip was completely uneventful (I didn't take even one picture), but it was fun being in the car together. It's always a good day when I can strap my children in somewhere and not worry about what they're into. Plus, Ryan and I got to have some adult conversation time while the DVD's were playing.
We checked in to our Hampton Inn and went to the local mall food court for lunch. After a quick stroll around the Disney store we let the girls ride on the carousel in the middle of the mall. When I buckled Lila back into her car seat, she said, "Thanks for taking me to Disney World, Mommy. I had fun!" So, if you take a road trip, check into an OK hotel, eat at Burger King, go to a Disney store, and ride a mall merry-go-round, your kids may think that you've taken them to Disney World. It's worth a try!

No comments: