Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cubbies

I just dropped Lila off at her first meeting of AWANA Cubbies. She was bit hesitant, but Emma was with us (her school is closed today) and that helped. Emma got her started on some puzzles while I turned in my paperwork. She earns patches for her Cubbies vest for memorizing scripture. We went over her verses and she knew them pretty well. The Cubbies motto could be a problem. Instead of "Jesus loves me." Lila finds it much more entertaining to say things like, "Jesus loves rats." or "Jesus loves candy." Here's hoping she doesn't upset the Baptist church too much. :)

1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

I don't think that God even loves rats...I think they are just a result of the fall of man and a constant reminder to God that mankind disobeyed his laws. I think they sadden him.