Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another First Day

Today was the first day of Lila's preschool program. She'll go once a week to a church down the street for two hours.
So far, I've been pleasantly surprised at her behavior for "school". Both yesterday and today, she was sitting quietly and listening to the teachers. Thank you, Lord. I shouldn't be surprised - I've certainly prayed about how she'll do at school. She's just such an unconventional child, that you never know. When I asked her what she learned about, she said, "Listening ears, and quiet mouths, and walking feet." OK - good. She really liked the program today, and next week the firetruck comes! I did leave her with an extra kiss from Mommy in the palm of her hand. Yesterday, the teacher said she was teary and kept saying that she needed just one more kiss from Mommy. :( The kiss in the hand thing seemed to do the trick except I remembered to do it after she had already started sand play - I had sand in my lip gloss all morning!

2 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Maybe she acted so mature because she looks about 6 in that picture!!!! Geesh...I feel like I haven't seen her in years. I think its the grown out bangs.

Jenn said...

What a grown up girl!! Way to go Lila!!