Friday, October 24, 2008

Thank You, Gramma!

For those readers that don't know, Lila is beyond attached to her "Big Bear". Gramma made it for her when she was born. Bear WAS a beautiful light green chenille who used to sit in Lila's crib. Since then, he's been everywhere! He's been filthy with unmentionable things, through the washer and dryer many times, had stitches a few times, last Christmas at Gramma's house, he even got his flat ratty body restuffed! Early on, I realized that dragging a large bear with us everywhere was going to be a problem, so for Lila's first Bday, Gramma sent "Baby Bear". He's made of the same fabric, only smaller and flatter. He lived in the car, mostly, for almost three years. That way we always had him with us when we needed a bear.
This past summer, Baby Bear got lost in the sheets in a hotel in Seattle. Horrible, I know. Lila seemed to get over it surprisingly well, since that day we arrived at Gramma and Papa's house and they have lots of other bears. I was more sentimental that Lila was about that silly stuffed animal that had been to every restaurant, theme park, and friend's house since Lila was an infant! When we came home to NJ, her big bear was here waiting for her, and I haven't heard about Baby Bear since. ...Until this week...
We're going to Florida next week - a lazy gulf coast beach resort which I'm looking so forward to. We were talking about Big Bear staying home and the lip came out and the tears welled up. "What's the matter honey? You know Big Bear can't come with us to FL?"
"I really miss, sob, my Baby, sniff, Bear. I lost him - waaaa ."
Am I breaking your heart yet? So we called Gramma on Monday, and today, look who showed up in the mail:
Thank you, Gramma! We REALLY love the new Baby Bear!

1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

That reminds me of loosing our zebra blankie in Disney Land when Brooke was 6 months old...I was so upset! Unfortunately it was a gift and I couldn't remember from who and wasn't ever able to find one to replace it...wish we had a Gramma!