Monday, September 8, 2008

Our Adventure

Lila and I decided to go on a little "adventure" today. We had about an hour and a half before Emma got home and I needed a few things at the local grocery store, so we rode our bike (that is, I rode my bike with a 45 lb. child in the seat on the back of it. It was nice. Lila remembered to wear her sunglasses under her helmet (very cute!) so she wouldn't complain about the sun and dust, and we looked for squirrels along the way. She thought it was very cool to park our bike on the sidewalk. We bought our hot dogs, buns and lettuce, and headed home.

Let me just add here for all of my "green" friends, that not only did I not use gas to get the store, but I even remembered to bring one of my reusable bags with me. I'm so earth-friendly!

It's a couple mile ride home from the store. Lila seemed quiet, but I was enjoying the peaceful ride and didn't really notice something touching my back. When I got into our garage, this is what I found:


Notice that she had removed her shoes and, thankfully, was holding them, and she still had the lollipop from the checker in her mouth. She was snoring very loudly.

2 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

Too funny...I can only imagine driving by you and seeing her on the back of your bike all slumped over.

Jenn said...

oh my gosh!! I am laughing so hard right now!!!