Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

We enjoyed a day celebrate our love for each other today. The girls started out their day with pink heart-shaped pancakes on our special plate. Luckily Emma ate about 30 minutes before Lila, so they each got to use the plate.

Ryan surprised us by coming home early! -But unfortunately, it was because he's sick. So he delivered his Valentines to his three favorite ladies and promptly took a long nap. The girls were pretty excited to get heart-shaped boxes of chocolates and roses, though. (So was I!) Lila said, "Oh my goodness, Happy Valentime's Day, Daddy!" Emma was happy to be be reminded how much her Dad loves her.

I cooked a great dinner and invited my mom over, since my dad's away and my husband was was too sick to enjoy it. The girls were also excited when Aunt Becca stopped by with Valentines. They each made cards for everyone and were very proud to send them and hand them out.

Ryan and I were talking about the Hallmark holiday this week. And, while we agreed that it's a totally commercial nonsense holiday, we talked about how important it is for little girls to know that their Dad wants them for a Valentine. My whole life, my dad always went out of his way to bring me a rose or some chocolates - he still does. I want our daughters to be reminded often that their Daddy loves them so much and thinks that they're worth a little romantic treat every now and then. They're so lucky to have Ryan for a Daddy!

No comments: