Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Breakfast in Bed

Monday morning, while I was still recuperating, the girls decided to bring me breakfast in bed. Such sweet and thoughtful daughters I have! Ryan was gone for the day, so they were downstairs while I tried to sleep in past 7:30. The next thing I knew, I was awakened (yes I had actually fallen asleep between yelling at them and at Trudy), by two very proud girls. They brought me a kids plate with one piece of slightly toasted bread and a little tiny bit of butter spread (I've not had any calories in days - the real butter would have tasted good!). Also on the plate was a kid bowl with about 7 grapes in it. The toast already had 2 bites taken out of it, and Emma was scolding her sister about that. Lila asked for some as soon as I picked it up to take a bite, so I tore off a piece for her. Then Emma looked at me longingly. She wanted some too. So there we sat. Three of us in my sick bed sharing one piece of almost toast and 7 grapes - good times!

No comments: