Monday, March 3, 2008

Paris











Bonjour from France! I'm here with Ryan, who is on a business trip, and it's an amazing experience! I've never been to Europe before, and I'm amazed at how old everything is. I guess I'm used to living in a new country like the United States. It's beautiful - it looks like every painting, picture or movie I've seen. Thanks to Mom and Dad who are watching our daughters and puppy! We couldn't be here without you!
We spent the weekend in Paris and saw the major sights in 2 days. It's so much easier to rush around and see things without two little kids - we had time to spare (and we spent it drinking wine at sidewalk cafes!). Here are some pictures. The highlights are: The Louvre, The Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the streets and shops, us at the top of the tower, me pinching a sculpture's but at the Louvre, our tiny hotel room, me buying a lovely Bordeaux wine at a Paris gas station.

6 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

I'm glad you clarified you were pinching his butt...I thought you were measuring something.

I love the look of the boy who is facing the statue...really checking him out, maybe imagining his adulthood.

Anonymous said...

So excited for you and your trip --can't wait to hear more about it!
-bondgirl

nilvento said...

I am so unbelievably jealous...you have no idea...I love your picture of the eiffel tower...c'est magnifique!!!

Jenn said...

Green with envy over here!! So happy for you to be able to spend time with your hubby....alone! Cant wait to hear more about it soon!

once upon a lifetime said...

Wow- looks awesome! Thanks for sharing the pictures... might be the only bit of Paris most of us will see. Unless we make Paris our next retreat... hmmm.

Okay, back to reality!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so Becca just told me to see your blog for pictures, so I did. I am starting to get used to the blogging thing!

Pictures are great!! It looks beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest on the pictures! I hope you stuffed a dessert in your pocket for me! Miss you!

Lisa