Thursday, December 13, 2007

NYC Girls' Day





Emma and I had an awesome mother - daughter day on Saturday! We went to Manhattan for the day with four friends and their eldest daughters. It was Emma's birthday gift and we've been looking so forward to our day together.
We took the train in, then the Subway to Times Square. We had a delicious lunch at Carmine's (with a reservation, so no wait!) and shopped at Toys R Us for a bit. Then we went to the BIG event - The Little Mermaid on Broadway! The show was amazing, and I loved watching Emma's face follow every detail. After the show we headed up to Rockefeller Center to see the tree and the American Girl Store. For dinner she and I shared a cheeseburger and fries. Can you get a better girls' day than this?!
I loved spending the time with Emma without having to concentrate on Lila. The group we went with was perfect because the girls' spent time with their moms, but also enjoyed hanging out with their friends - which made restaurant conversation especially nice.
I took a few pictures, but my friend Melynie's blog has more to check out.

No comments: