Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fairy Mystery Birthday Party









We survived. I've never been a big fan of a room full of 7 and 8 year old girls, and I recently had that notion confirmed. Kids can be so loud and wild and obnoxious - especially at night, and if you give them sugar. Anyway, Emma and her friends all had fun. We did a mystery party that I found at host-party.com. The girls all had fairy parts. They came in costume, played fairy games, and did a scavenger hunt (that was already made up) to solve a mystery. It was cute and simple, but for the volume level. The cake was a fairy house - it turned out very cute. Emma finished out the evening with Hailey sleeping over. I can't believe my little Emma is eight! Another 8 years from now, she'll be 16! I guess the only thing for me to do is enjoy her as my 8-year-old.
We celebrated with the other half of the cake at my parents house on Sunday. That's one happy girl in a Birthday Hat!

No comments: