Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fall Weekend

We've been busy, busy, this weekend. The weather was beautiful, and we had lots of stuff to move in our yard. It started with a very large pine tree next to our driveway. We've been debating if it was dead or alive for several years, and yesterday decided it was dead. So, Ryan took it down, and we cleared all of the branches, then dug the stump out.

Then we moved a ginourmous, too-big-for-it's-location forsythia into the vacancy.


We also ripped out an entire section of ivy and rearranged the shrubs in our front bed. Plants that got relocated included: arborvitae, peonies, azalea, dwarf holly, maple tree, and forsythia. We also did lots of weeding and trimming - looks good. We always laugh when our well-to-do neighbors drive by multiple times staring as we work our tails off. It gives them something to talk about while they sit inside watching their landscapers.

Here's another portion of the fun:
Last night, we finished our labor in time to go to the local high school football game. Our neighbor is a starting senior, and the girls had fun cheering him on.

Fun Friday night game under the lights...

Now I'm wiped out! I'm not sure if it's my bad cold, overexerting myself, reacquainting my self with my Jillian Micheals DVD, or PMS - a bad combo for sure! I'm off to go play "Set" game with Ryan and the girls.

No comments: