Monday, August 11, 2008

Typical Monday

This goes under the chapter "Never A Dull Moment" in the story of my life. Emma, Trudy and I were putting something away in the basement today, and we were quite surprised to see a bird flying around our basement! It was not a tiny sparrow, but about as big as a large robin. Trudy thought it was great fun to chase. We came up to get the net and when I returned to the basement, armed, I couldn't find it.
I knew it was there, because I closed the door, but I spent most of the day looking all over and never found it. (I did, however, at one point step on Trudy's squeaky ball and have a mild coronary!) I even enlisted the help of Emma, Lila, and Trudy - no bird sightings.
Just before Ryan came home tonight, I went to the basement for BBQ sauce. There she was - perched on some artificial flowers in my storage area - the poor confused little bird. Aha! I closed the door. Now I knew which part of the basement she was in. We were afraid that she'd end up stuck behind the wall or ceiling of the finished side and we'd eventually have a bad odor problem to solve.
So when my brave husband got home, he put on his gloves, picked up his net, and off he went. I, of course, had to supervise. So picture him swinging wildly in the air with a butterfly net and me squatting and pointing with my hands over my head. We both found it pretty funny. He caught it and held it in the net so the girls could see before she flew so very happily into the tree in our yard.
Never a dull moment.

No comments: