Monday, October 8, 2007

Celebrating Christopher Columbus





Well, it's Columbus Day, and both Ryan and Emma are off. We had no real plans except to try to get some things done around here. It's HOT today - like 86 degrees hot. So, to appease our awnry kids, we washed the cars. -Always a fun idea with Lila.
"Lila, don't stand in the bucket."
"Lila, leave your clothes on."
"Lila, I told you not to stand in the bucket."
"Lila, don't rub the sponge in the dirt."
"Lila, put the hose down."
"Lila, get our of the bucket!"
Need I go on? Anyway, we got through it and have two relatively clean cars. Then, for some reason (I'm assuming Emma put the idea in her head), Lila kept asking if we could have a picnic. So I packed the real picnic basket (apparently that was key), and off we went to the backyard. What fun! Especially when we found Emma's 11 month old birthday cake in the freezer and added that to the basket!

2 comments:

etoc said...

Wow...in that last photo your biceps look huge, are you lifting weights?

Organized Chaos said...

Oops...I'm on my brothers computer and I didn't realize I was logged in under his profile. While he looked and your photo and was impressed with your biceps, he didn't make the comment...I did!