Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hard Working Girl

Yesterday I took Emma on a modeling shoot. It was for a stock photographer. That means he takes all sorts of random pictures with no specific client in mind and later sells the images. She worked for this photographer 3 years ago (I remember because I was pregnant with Lila), and we have enjoyed seeing her face pop up all over the place because of it. Emma did a super job as always. She posed in the rain, sick in bed with a thermometer, in many classroom scenes, listening to an i pod, playing game boy, with a microscope, setting a table, drying dishes, wearing medals around her neck, holding a watermelon slice, etc. - probably 25 different set ups. She's always so friendly and agreeable, but not overbearing, when we go on shoots. I guess that's why we keep getting asked back to the same places even though we're not pursuing the modeling gig AT ALL anymore. Hey - if you want to schedule around my child and pay for her time, I'm happy to oblige. The people we've worked with are always so impressed with how well-behaved and willing to work she is. My mom and I were wondering if most child models are just brats!?...probably.

So, my mom and Lila came with us for the day. The funniest moment came when they served a plate of cookies and brownies after lunch. The brownies were made in a mini muffin tin, so they were small - can you picture them? So Lila, just up from her nap says, "What's dat mom? Oh, dat's poops? Dat's poops mom?" My mom and I laughed so hard! Is that what my daughter thinks is normally served on a platter?! Luckily, no one else heard.

No comments: