Monday, May 25, 2009

Mommy's Birthday

Last weekend was my birthday, and it was very full and very fun. I had to be at church all morning on Saturday. While I was there, the girls baked my cake completely on their own - Ryan just turned the oven on.


They decorated it the next day at Grammy's house.

Notice the full mouth..... :)

My great friend, Melynie, drove up from VA to surprise me! She met me at church with her tiny baby, Morgan, and they tagged along with us for the rest of the day. (My girls were thrilled to get to play with Morgan all afternoon!!) Then, for dinner, she had organized a group of eight girls to go out to dinner! Wow - what are they going to do in 4 years when I turn 40?!?! :)


Melynie left the next morning, and I went shopping with my mom and sisters for the day - quite a treat without my normal tag-a-longs. We went back to my mom's house for dinner and the cake.

I feel so spoiled!

1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

I can't believe that was just last weekend! Seems like months ago!

Sorry I failed you in getting a good group photo.

Hope I'm close enough to celebrate your 40th with you...if not maybe you'll have to celebrate by flying out to see me, wherever I may live!