Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Graduation

She's only four, but today Lila graduated from her "Mom's Morning Out" program at a local church. It was pretty cute. After singing a song, the names of the "graduating" (i.e. going to a different school next year) students were read. Lila did great! She went over to Miss Betsy, who placed a mortarboard on her head, and walked across the stage to Miss Mimi, who handed her a certificate. Fine. Very nice.
Here's where it gets a bit more Lila-ish. She then stood in the front row with the certificate completely covering her face - as if she were reading it, but with her nose touching it. As her mother, I know that there were a few reasons for this: 1. She was embarrassed. 2. She didn't want me to take her picture. 3. People were laughing at her (class clown - mark my words!)- she could hear the snickering throughout the audience. So then she removed her hat and threw/dropped it on the floor. She held this pose for most of the rest of the name-reading.

I got some good video of the shenanigans, but I have to wait for Ryan to come home from Chicago to teach me how to get it off of the video camera, so I'll add that later. Here are some (grainy) pictures in the meantime.



Bri and Lila

"Baby Emma" and Lila - poor kid will NEVER lose that title in our house!

No comments: