Monday, July 14, 2008

The Zoo

We went to the Zoo last Thursday with our friend, Jessica. It was a beautiful day, and we enjoyed seeing all of the animals and comparing our favorites. Emma and Lila really like this giant snapping turtle, and he liked them, too.

Here's my trio admiring the elephants. The elephants took care of some business while we were watching, and my crew found that fascinating!
Here they are watching a show at the Children's Zoo Pavilion. Just our luck - we were there on time for the "Chicken Challenge" show. Did anyone know that chickens are talented enough to have their own show?! They can actually maneuver their way through an obstacle course quite well. I was impressed. The trainer asked for an audience volunteer and before I knew what was happening, Lila's hand was in the air, and she was being picked!
Here she is in her audience volunteer debut. She had to rearrange those pins to see if the chicken could pick out the red one (she could). Lila walked right up there with no hesitation. I'm not sure she understood what she was supposed to do, but she listened and did it with a little help. I was a little nervous sitting about 10 rows back. I truly never know what Lila will do or say, and I was picturing her releasing the chickens or crawling under the table or telling the nice lady "no". We were all pleasantly surprised. I think Emma and Jessica were just as proud as I was.

No comments: