Thursday, July 17, 2008

NJ Aquarium








On Monday, my friend Melynie and her girls took Emma, Lila and me to the aquarium. They have a season pass that is expiring, and they're getting ready to move - again. So we had a great girls' day together! I've never been to this aquarium even though it's close to home. It was really nice and I highly recommend it. I forgot my camera, so Melynie took all of the pictures (thank you!) - if you read her blog too, don't be surprised by the duplicates. :)

I think all the girls agreed that the best part was touching the animals. They had places to touch sharks, stingrays, jellyfish, starfish, and all sorts of other little creatures. They had lots of interactive exhibits that Emma loved reading and doing. She liked being the only one who could read, and therefore to explain what each thing was to the other girls. The hippos were also really cool. Lila kept calling them "hippies" - not because she doesn't know the word hippo, just because she liked saying "hippies" better. The shark tunnel was very fun. We saw sharks swimming all around us, but the girls were more interested in the divers in with them. Lila decided on her future career - she'd like to be a diver in the shark tank. "But when I get big and tall, and I'm wearing the special suit, how will I get in the water?" She was really thinking it through. We saw a seal show - very cute, and Emma and Baileigh got to ask questions. There was a 4D Spongebob movie (3D with special effects in your chair) that they all agreed was a bit too scary. We also got popsicles to enjoy while viewing the Philadelphia skyline. Well, four girls had some type of ice cream/chocolate yummy delight and Lila wanted a pack of Skittles - just to be different, I think. I'm so glad we got to go!

No comments: