Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday. I'm 35, and I can say that without tears - they've been a good 35 years. I love having my birthday on Sunday, since it's my favorite day of the week. We went to church, saw some great friends, had breakfast at Lite Bite, came home and worked on installing my gift, then went to my mom's house for a family party and great dinner.

Here's what we accomplished on my gift - new countertops! I love them! It updates my kitchen so much, and we've been thinking about doing it for years. Ryan and I found these pre-made, in-stock at Home Depot, so we can do the whole thing for a fraction of what we thought it would cost. I'm so excited! We should be able to finish and tile the backsplash this weekend. I'll post pictures when it's done.

Emma also picked out a new nightgown for me - all on her own (which means Ryan apparently let her go to a different department at Kohl's while he was looking at cards!) I also got a new saute pan, some great clothes, patio stuff, a book, a purse, and a new hand mixer. Thanks everybody for a great day!

2 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

I meant to ask you about it and look at it when I was at your house...it looks great. I love the backsplash. It looks good with the green, its funny how different it makes the green look! It would look good with a strong tan color.

nilvento said...

oooohhh...that looks pretty! Can't wait to see it in person!