Thursday, October 14, 2010

Museum Trip

I completely forgot to blog about this day until I just found the pictures on my memory card! Of course, my blogging has fallen by the wayside a bit in the past few months. It seems that having my youngest in am kindergarten, doesn't give me oodles of free time like I thought it would. I could also blame Facebook, since it takes mere seconds to let the world know what's going on there, but a bit longer to write a thoughtful blog entry.
Anyway, this was a blog-worthy day. We took advantage of "Free Museum Day", and the four of us went to the Academy of Natural Science in Philadelphia. The girls and Ryan had a super time! About halfway through the afternoon, I realized that I had the flu. I mustered enough energy to finish the museum, but the following 24 hours were not pretty (the following week was even less pretty as the rest of my family also got it!).
The dinosaurs were awesome! The live butterfly exhibit was beautiful! And Lila found a new obsession, or let's call it a fascination, with mummies. In fact, as I type, my 5 year old is watching a documentary on the Valley of the Kings. Sigh.....

"Look out! There's a T-Rex after you!"

Emma running on the treadmill and making the dinosaur skeleton run

...happiness...

My country girls - loving the city.

No comments: