Saturday, February 21, 2009

Spring Fever

Ugh! It's after 10 on a Saturday morning, and I just sent the girls up to get dressed. Lila came down in a coral printed heart t-shirt and pink seer-sucker bermudas and flip flops. Emma came down in a summer capri/tank/short sleeved jacket outfit and flip flops. They wanted to go outside and play like that! It's 36 degrees outside!!!
So I sent them both back upstairs - with their feet stomping, I might add. I told them I could deal with short sleeves, but it is still winter, for goodness sake! Jeans and shoes are a must! Lila came down a second time wearing the same t-shirt, jeans and flip flops. "I told you no flip flops, Lila."
Tearfully and with attitude: "Ooohhhh, Mom! Flip flops are so fun, and now I just have to have another cold day!"
Now they're both playing outside wearing sweatshirts instead of coats. I've learned to choose my battles - especially when it comes to my girls' fashion sense. I don 't blame them - I'm ready for flip flops too!

1 comment:

Organized Chaos said...

Well it's 11:33am and none of the girls are dressed...but I guess that may have eliminated a morning battle!

Now my debate is whether or not to take Brooke out of her pj's before her 1:30 nap.