Monday, December 29, 2008

New Tree

We have a very big artificial tree in our living room every Christmas for the last 3 years. Fake trees kind of go against the grain with me, but I love BIG trees. Once we started looking at cut trees that cost over $100, we knew it was time. I admit, I love being able to put the tree up for Thanksgiving and not worry about it dying before Christmas. I love the "pre-lit" aspect, although we still put large colored bulbs on too. I miss the adventure of finding the tree and the smell of the fresh pine (thank you, Yankee Candle). This year, we got a live tree too! I mean a real, live tree - with a ball on the bottom and everything. According to Ryan, it weighed about 400 lbs. It sure looked nice in our family room for two weeks, though. We decorated it with popcorn, ribbon, and all of our homemade angel ornaments from over the years. It's now enjoying its new spot in our yard where we lost a tree last summer. I hope we started a new tradition!

No comments: